LAW LIBRARY, NEW YORK STATE
COURT OF APPEALS HALL
ALBANY, NEW YORK
Originally constructed between the years of 1832 and 1842, DeWolff Partnership Architects were selected to add space to and modernize the systems of this 67,000 sq. ft. structure, last altered in 1917.
Noted as one of the nation’s finest surviving examples of 19th-century Greek revival style government buildings, the DeWolff addition includes 22,000 sq. ft. of modern office, library, and archive storage space.
The law library at the Court is 7,650 sq. ft. in size and includes fixed shelving and storage. Half of the law library is located in the original 1842 structure and the shelving is suspended from an overhead structure making it the only suspended library in the world.
Completion Date: 2004 Construction Cost: $26.5 million
DeWolff Architects Rochester New York: Designers of Libraries and Learning Centers